In this episode of the Ask the Expert series, I interview Richard Cashman, founder of “The Sporting Influencer”, Lead Academy Soccer Coach at Caernarfon Town Academy FC and Teaching Assistant at Bodedarn High School. Richard graduated Cardiff Met University and commences a Masters in Sports Coaching at Liverpool John Moores in September, as well as the FAW Level 3.
- Richard’s experience coaching in the UK and the US,
- the difference in sporting cultures,
- his criticisms of long-term athlete development,
- process-based coaching, as well as
- the key role parents play in the development of youth athletes.
Are you a grassroots youth sport coach or PE teacher who wants to improve the athleticism of your athletes?? Check out our Fundamental series athletic development programs here.