Guy Pitchers is a PhD researchers in Female Athletic populations, as well as a Instructor in Sport Science at Canterbury Christ Church University. He is also a Strength & Conditioning Coach for Charlton FC Ladies.
In this podcast Guy discusses:
- The primary biological differences between male and female athletes
- A basic overview of menstrual function
- Individual variability in menstrual cycles and symptoms
- Why menstrual dysfunction has long term implications for health
- Relative Energy Deficit Syndrome or “REDS”
- A framework for monitoring menstrual function in female athletes
You can listen to the episode in full here.
You can keep up to date with Guy via his twitter account: @GuyPitchers.