John Hall or ‘Hedge’ discovered Parkour in late 2004 after watching a Parkour video in school. After a short career in academia, he founded Access Parkour in 2013. Hedge delivers most of Access Parkour’s conditioning and movement programs taking a special interest in creating spaces that build better people both mentally and physically. He splits his time between managing the company, teaching as much as he can and researching Parkour.
In this podcast John discusses:
- His relationship with competitive sport and his path into Parkour.
- Why competitive sport might not be for everyone.
- His focus on creating community.
- His on non-linear pedagogy and internal vs external cueing.
- The use of Parkour as a donor sport for other sporting activities.
- The upcoming Coach Education workshop in Edinburgh.
You can listen to the episode in full here.
You can find out more about John’s via his Instagram account: @accesshedgehog . You can also check out Access Parkour via their website www.accessparkour.com as well as their Instagram: @accessparkour and Facebook: Access Parkour. You can access some of the blog articles John mentions here.