James Marshall is the Owner of Excelsior Athletic Training and Director of Excelsior Athletic Development Club, as well as a coach educator and mentor, business owner and director. He is also the author of “Training Young Athletes”, “Get Stronger”, “Run Faster” and “Jump Higher”.
In this podcast, James discusses:
- Coming into gymnastics “cold” as an adult coach.
- Why all coaches need to understand movement.
- Understanding that you are coaching people and not research subjects.
- The importance of fun.
- Why social interaction is more important with age.
- How learning is not linear.