Neil Parsley is a co-founder and director of the unique and highly successful UTS gym in Wirral. He is one the most sought after and experienced S&C coaches in the UK consulting for the English National FA as well as the English Rugby Football Union. He has coached Olympic Champions (Beijing & London Olympics), multiple World and European medalists and National champions across several sports including Taekwondo, Athletics, Rugby, Swimming, Cycling, Wrestling and Disability swimming. He regularly presents on his work at national and international conferences.
In this podcast Neil discusses:
- His unique and non-conventional road to a professional playing career in Rugby league for Warrington.
- How advice from his dad shaped his choice of career.
- His experiences coaching athletes at the the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games.
- Being part of the England Rugby Coaching team for the 2015 World Cup.
- His motivation to establish the Underground Training Station. The array of tiers and classes the UTS provides for kids.
- The importance of trust and empathy in the coach-athlete relationship.
You can follow Neil’s work with the Underground Training Station at www.theuts.co.uk and on Instagram at @utsgym . You can also follow his new family project Family Fitness TV on Instagram: @familyfitnesstv and their Youtube Channel: FamilyfitnessTV .