Katie is a Coach Education Development Manager at British Gymnastics, as well as a BASES Accredited Sport Scientist and former Senior Sport Psychology & Coaching Science Lecturer at St Mary’s University for many years. Katie has been a leading figure within the UK gymnastics scene for several years, offering sport psychology support to a number of clubs and coaches.
In this episodes Katie discusses:
- Her journey from failed ballerina to World level Gymnast.
- Her concept of “The Dash”.
- Having a combination of a Humanistic and Cognitive behaviourist approach.
- The unrealistic expectations of going “clean” at competition.
- Challenging belief systems and cultures.
- The importance of Self-awareness, Acceptance, Realistic Evaluation and Focus.
- How all coaching is just working with humans with varying degrees of perception, ability and emotional intelligence.
- Prehab vs Rehab in Psychology.