Dr Craig Harrison loves to show young people how to tap into their inner drive, take control of their learning & pursue their dreams with purpose & passion. An expert in youth athlete development, Craig specialises in the physical and mental sides of sport. He is a coach, a researcher, host of the popular podcast The Athlete Development Show, the husband of former Silver Fern and FIVB international beach volleyball player Anna Harrison & father of 3. With a unique ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way that inspires action, Craig supports youth athletes and their parents to unlock personal performance & fulfil sporting potential.
In this episode Craig discusses:
- The importance of starting with a foundation of relationships.
- The transferability of what we do into the context that drives the athlete.
- What his motivation was to move from “High Performance” to the developmental level.
- His new initiatives: The Athlete Development Project and the Athlete Environment.
- Operating on the edge of Chaos. The importance of creating adaptability and variability in our athlete.
- Creating a bigger movement library to help build the ability to solve new problems. Who’s asking the athlete what they want?
You can follow Craig work via his Instagram: @drcraigharrison , Twitter: @drcraigharrison and Facebook: Dr Craig Harrison . I would also strongly recommend checking out The Athlete Development Show podcast.