Mark Robertson is a former International Rugby Sevens player and Olympian, amassing 56 tournaments for Scotland Sevens, securing their first ever HSBC World Series win in London, as well as winning a silver medal for Great Britain at the Rio 2016 Olympics. Since retiring he has worked as a Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Scottish Rugby Academy before moving on to ASM Clermont Auvergne.
In this episode Mark discusses:
- Growing up in the 7’s hotspot of Melrose.
- How goalsetting became a big driver in his development and performance.
- Acheiving the “Dream” of a Melrose 7’s final and his journey to the Pro game.
- The lows of injury and deselection in his career.
- The highs of the first World Series win at Twickenham, going back to back, and the Rio Olympics.
- The importance of players building interests and identity outside of their sport.
- The challenges of moving to France and coaching in a different language.