Stuart Edwards or “Eddo” is the Head of Rugby at Stewarts Melville College recently winning the Scottish Schools Cup in 2019. He is also the Backs coach for the Scotland U18 National Team, as well as a current player for Heriots in the Super 6 league in Scotland.
In this episode He discusses:
- His experiences in the National Age Grade system in Scotland at U18, 19 and 20 National Squads.
- How some of the negative experiences shaped his approach as a coach.
- Defining “success” at School and National level of the game.
- Why fun is the underpinning component of player progress.
- Why relationships supercede everything else.
- Teaching athletes about the on/off switch.
You can keep up to date with Stuart via his Twitter account: @stuarted10 .