Oliver Morgan holds a BSc Sport & Exercise Sciences from University of Birmingham, an MRes in Talent Identification from Coventry University and is currently completing a Professional Doctorate at Liverpool John Moores investigating CODs match demands. He spent 8 seasons at Liverpool FC holding a variety of roles across a variety of squads. From U12s-16s squads and from General Sports Scientist to Rehabilitation Fitness Coach. In January 2019 he moved onto to take the role of Head of Academy Sport Science at Celtic FC.
- The difference between philosophy and strategy.
- His process of Diagnosis, Guiding Policy and Coherent Action.
- Keeping the best interests of the player at the centre of decision making.
- Celtic’s aim of creating Champions League standard players and the extreme demands required.
- The 4 component parts of a Champions League player.
- Giving athletes choice and why autonomy plays such a large part at the academy.
You can keep up to date with Oliver via Twitter: @oliverjohnm .
As always you can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our website, Instagram and Twitter.