Jake Tuura is a former collegiate strength and conditioning coach, now running Jacked Athlete fulltime. He has a Masters in Exercise Science and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning coach with the NSCA, as well as holding qualifications from USA Weightlifting, Titleist Performance Institute, Be Activated and Reflexive Performance Reset.
- How his desire to increase jump height, muscle mass and strength lead him into coaching.
- Why critical thinking is an important skill for coaches.
- Why training like a bodybuilder is a bad idea for athleticism.
- Why he uses cluster training rather than traditional hypertrophy training.
- How personal injury lead to his interest in patellar tendinopathy.
- Why rest is a bad idea for tendons and how basic strength training exercises can help with patellar tendinopathy.
- Why there is not set prescription of reintroducing jumping after patellar tendinopathy.
You can keep up to date with Jake via Instagram: @jaketuura and his website www.jackedathlete.com .
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk .