Ranell Hobson is the founder of the Academy of Sport Speed Australia (ASSA). She is an S&C Coach with a specialty in Speed. Through her private coaching, Ranell has helped hundreds of athletes modify their physical qualities and biomechanics to maximise speed performance. Ranell is in her 6th year as S&C Coach GWS Fury Premier League (Netball) and 3rd year as the Speed Specialist for NSW Baseball.
In 2019 Ranell was awarded the ‘ASCA Performance Development Coach of the Year’ for her work as S&C Coach of the Premiership winning GWS Fury Premier League U23’s Netball team. Ranell is a regular presenter at Strength & Conditioning and Fitness Conventions and has delivered her Explosive Speed Development courses and Athlete clinics across Australia, the UK and Asia. An elite masters athlete in her own right, Ranell has won 6 World Championship Medals, holds multiple State, National and Oceania titles in the Sprint events and is a previous World Record holder in the 4 x 100m.
- The importance of increasing strength through peak weight velocity in female athletes.
- How she integrates strength training on the track, pitch and court.
- When to focus on strength/power and when to back off during the menstrual cycle.
- How she organises her training programs within a squad of female athletes according to their cycles.
- The opportunities to get better at the individual details within a team context.
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk