Aimee Ellen O’Keeffe is a Performance Nutritionist at Manchester United Women’s team and owner of Committed Nutrition Ltd, her own private nutrition coaching company. Aimee is passionate about the female athlete, particularly breaking down barriers to fuelling and changing attitudes towards carbohydrates. Aimee has carried out a lot of research since starting in her role at Manchester United, analysing areas such as MD-1 carbohydrate intake, injury nutrition, half time carbohydrate intake to name a few.
- How working with a young female footballer with a stress fracture lead to her doing a Masters in Nutrition.
- Relative Energy Deficit Syndrome or “REDS”.
- How underfuelling nutritionally can result in compromised bone health and stress fractures.
- What a day in the life of a full-time nutritionist in a pro football club looks like.
- The difference between disorder eating and an eating disorder.
- How nutrition can affect the menstrual cycle and why this matters.
- How social media can influence young female athletes to underfuel.
Get your discounted early bird ticket to LTAD Network Conference here! The 2022 Conference runs from 9-10th July at Hartpury University with a selection of world class speakers! Don’t miss out! Get more details and secure your place here!