Tim Stevenson (Head of Exercise Science & Handstands) and David “Jacko” Jackson (Head of Human Flags) are both Strength and Conditioning coaches and Founders of the “School of Calisthenics”.
In this episode they discuss;
- Their accidental route into calisthenics in their own training and coaching.
- Why Fun and Experimentation are a key element for them in training and coaching.
- The multiple potential benefits physically and mentally in implementing calisthenics with youth athletes.
- Why simply adding load might just be “Lazy” coaching.
- How calisthenics ability might differ with later vs early maturers.
- How alternative forms of training are often neglected in S&C degree programs.
You can listen to episode in full here.
You can follow the work of School of Calisthenics on
- Instagram: @schoolofcalisthenics
- Facebook: School of Calisthenics
- Twitter: @SchoolOfCali
- Website: www.schoolofcalisthenics.com