Dr Mike Hislop is a a researcher within the Technical Services Department at World Rugby, the global governing body for Rugby Union. His research was used to create the Activate program, which reduced soft tissue injuries by up to 40% and concussions by up to 60%.
In this podcast Mike discusses:
- His PhD research studies which culminated in the Activate program
- The surprising outcomes in injury reduction using the Activate program
- Why the Activate program could be considered more than just an injury prevention program
- The progressive nature of the programs across levels and age
- The 8 cue that are vital to delivering the program effectively