Andy Taylor was a professional footballer for nearly 10 years starting at Manchester United and then moving on to Exeter City. He completed a Foundation Degree in Sports Performance at the University of Bath in Sports Performance and a First Class honours degree in Strength and Conditioning at the University of Plymouth St Mark & St John. This combined with his practical work with young athletes over the last 6 years based at Ivybridge Community College has allowed him to put this knowledge in to action.
- Signing for Manchester United during their famous treble season and being in the environment with David Beckham, Peter Schmeichel and Ryan Gigg.
- The high training standards set by Sir Alex Ferguson & Eric Harrison.
- The introduction of a coach specifically responsible for strength & conditioning in Mick Clegg.
- Getting advice from Roy Keane about injury.
- Moving to Exeter CIty and a famous FA Cup draw.
- Transitioning into S&C coaching. and his role at Ivybridge College coaching both secondary and primary students.
- The holistic benefits of strength & conditioning for students.