Paudie Roche is the Head Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach for Arsenal Football Club. Prior to this he was the Lead U9-U.6 coach and was instrumental in the development and implementation of the Physical Development Framework for the Academy. Currently he leads the physical development programme for the U18 and U23 squads and works alongside 3 Strength & Conditioning coaches to implement an industry leading programme. Prior to working at Arsenal Paudie gained considerable experience in a number of sports and in 2008 began work for the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) as the Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach for Munster Rugby. During his time at Munster he held the position of Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach for the National Team and prepared players for the 2011 6 Nations andRugby World Cup.
In his last season with the IRFU he was awarded the title of Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Irish U.20 Squad whom competed in the 2013 6 Nations and Junior World Cup Competitions.Paudie holds a Master’s Degree from Edith Cowan University, as well as accreditations from the National Strength and Conditioning Association of America (NSCA), the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) and the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA). He is currently a Director on the Board for the UKSCA. In 2015 for his work in Youth Sport, Paudie was awarded the Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year for Youth Sport by the UKSCA.
- An insight into their the Arsenal Academy staffing structure and locations.
- An in depth overview of the delivery of physical development within the Arsenal FC Academy from U9 – U23 squads.
- Why assessing maturation forms an integral part of the Arsenal academy program.
- How they use their traffic light system to manage different stages of maturation.
- How they utilise biobanding fixtures and the importance of increasing the number of biobanding opportunities.
- How involving parents is important in load management of young athletes.
You can keep up to date with Paudie via Twitter: @coach_roche_ .